Keeping you safe at the Bistro
11th September 2020
As Scotland continues to ease its way out of lockdown, here at the Bistro we're continuing to update our processes and services to ensure we're in line with current public health guildelines. As you've probably seeni in the news; some of these guidelines are now statutory, and as such it's important we keep you up to date with what we're doing to keep both you and our staff as safe as possible.
Your continued support and participation in our processes and procedures is vital.
From Monday 14th September face masks will be mandatory if you enter the Bistro at any time. Speciifically masks should be worn:
- To use the toilet facilities within the Bistro; or entering the public toilet within the Courtyard area.
- If entering the Bistro at any time - e.g. to talk to a member of our team.
- We do not have face masks available for customers to use - we require you to bring your own.
If you enter the Bistro without a face mask for any reason; our team reserve the right to ask you why this is.
Children under the age of five are not requuired to wear a face mask.
Households gathering together
From Monday 14th September the number of people who can gather together within the Bistro grounds (reserved table service or our larger, unreserved tables) is a MAXIMUM of six people, from TWO households. Things to note:
- Our team may be in touch with any reservations booked in from Monday 14th to ensure you fit within these criteria.
- Children under the age of 12 are not included within this number.
Test & Trace:
From Friday 14th August it became statutory for businesses to collect data from Bistro customers in line with Scottish Government health guidelines. We now require a phone number and email address for you so that if there was any customer with COVID-19 symptoms who had visited the Bistro at any time; the health authorities can get in touch with you. To collect this data we do this in a number of ways:
- If you have a table reservation with us you don't need to do anything - we ask you for contact info at the time of booking.
- If you are a 'walk-up' for an outdoor table, our team will as you for your contact info when you sit down and prior to ordering.
- If you are using our Bistro To Go (takeaway) service and opt to sit at one of the large, wooden tables, within the vicinity of the Bistro you will see a large poster attached to it; asking for your details. You can either:
- Scan a QR code which will take you to a short online form to complete (delivered by our software partner SocialSprout) or
- Talk to a member of our staff and give them your contact info
- If you are visiting us for the Bistro To Go (takeaway) you will see these posters on the wall and we ask you to similarly provide your details as per above
Your information will be safely stored for 21 days, in line with Scottish Government guidelines. It wouldn't be used for any other purpoose than to get in touch with you should there be someone on site who has had symptoms of COVID-19.
We are so grateful to all our customers for abiding by these guidelines and ask you to continue to do so. A few things to be aware of:
- We have 2m spacing stickers in the queuing area of the Bistro To Go takeaway service and ask you to abide by these markets.
- When waiting for your order collection please be mindful of those around you and allow enough space from other customers. Please wait for our team to lay your order down and setp back before you move in to pick it up.
BBQ & Outdoor Bar:
In the warmer weeks and month's we run our on-site BBQ (and outdoor bar!). They are generally open all weekend (weather-permitting) and often on a Thurs/Fri too. Keep an eye on our social media channels where we'll post when they're open. Please abide by the pink crosses when queuing and leave enough space between yourself and other customers.
Other things to expect at the Bistro:
- We operate a reservation system for the tables directly by the Bistro. Sometimes the table may look free, but it will have been cleaned and disinfected, ready for the next reservation; so please check with a member of our team before sitting at an emply table.
- Toilets are checked every 20 minutes and regularly cleaned. We use a cleaning solution which protects customers from a range of diseases (including COVID-19) for up to 24 hours. We have two unisex toilets (for customer use only) within the Bistro - one of which is both an accessible toilet and our baby- changing facility. For visitors to the park that are not customers of the Bistro, we ask them to kindly use the public toilets, accessible from the Courtyard and with an attendant on site.
- All 'touchpoints' within the Bistro are frequently cleaned with disinfectant - including door handles and any serving areas you may come into contact with.
We currently operate an outdoor dining service only. Customer access within the Bistro is limited strictly to access to customer toilets. Signage is evident on the flooring to ensure safe access, with a maximum of three customers allowed to queue at any one time.
- There is hand sanitiser available at various points for visitors to use as needed.